Friday, September 24, 1999

Ban smoking at Bus Stops !

I wish they would ban smoking at big city bus stops. Just as if I were in a public building , I am confined -for up to a half hour! - in the " toxic " area of the smokers.

And what PIGS they are, these smokers. What a mess they make of our city - the butt bums !

Headline : " Suit seeks billions from tobacco industry ". The butt bums also never gave a damm about anybody either. I have nothing but contempt for the sick and dying nicotine addicts who now want big bucks from the tobacco industry.


Like alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction is really just a character disorder. You can quit if you want to. You simply must value something else in life more - like good health, a sound mind in a sound body.

I never expected the tobacco industry to educate me about their product. In high school- in the dear 1950s - I read a " Reader's Digest "article : " I am Joe's Lungs ". And I have never smoked . Of course the snobby teachers frowned on the "Reader's Digest". It was a wonderful magazine to read in study hall .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron