Monday, January 11, 1999

The Cyber-Pamphleteer

The movie Doctor Zhivago begins with " crazy " Pasha - the

    future Red Guard general - distributing seemingly pathetic

    leaflets in Moscow Square. The Czarist secret police are unamused :

    they confiscate his leaflets. But when the " pigs " are out of

    sight, he finds more leaflets hidden in his winter coat.

         " They'll sing in tune after the revolution ! " a sinister

    character jokes .

            Most Americans will at least admire Pasha's FREE SPEECH

    effort -if not its future consequences.

            Pasha would have loved to have what I have for

    FREE - The Ocean State Free Net and ubiquitous  public library

    computers.

           I am working on the concept of the " Cyber- Pamphleteer ".

     I  do electronically what Pasha attempted to do in the heroic,

    but old fashioned. And I do it with a thousand times more

    efficiency.

           When I wish to communicate  a brief opinion - which

    guarantees reading - I select HUNDREDS of OSFN e-mail addresses

    at random. It takes only minutes to MASS MAIL !


         Often I get immediate feedback : " Don't bother me today.

    I'm too busy !  "  Or " Viva La Revolucion !  "

        I 'm not exactly The New York Times in credibility. But

    nothing to sniff at either. I think !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron