Friday, January 29, 1999

" Our dog Max " - Your Turn - Cranston

 Sorry to read about Colleen Hutchin's dog Max - a hit and run

    victim somewhere on Cranston St. ( page C 5 Jan. 29 )

          Colleen needed $250.00 right away just to bring Max for X-rays

    at a veterinary emergency room . She says Max will need expensive

    surgery for an injured pelvic bone.

         I recall my heartbroken sister in law and my niece, Sue and Tara of

    Scituate , R.I. going through a similar ordeal when their Alaskan huskie

    Megan was hit by a car and required hip surgery. I recall that an animal

    humane society was kind enough to help with the bill. ( I'll get the name )

             Giving the guilty driver the benefit of the doubt, let me ask :

    Just what should one do when do after injuring a dog in the street or on

    a highway ? How soon will the police or the animal rescue league respond

    to a call for help ? Most people might assume that only the luckiest of

    animals is not doomed after being seriously injured on the street .

            Also I must ask why animal emergency rooms must be so mercenary.

    Can't they offer the pet's family a reasonable installment plan ?

          Care FIRST, bill later ! Hospitals for people might also heed this

    suggestion .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron