Thursday, January 7, 1999

Dave gets A

Good morning Dave . I just read your column . I would give

    it A+ for rhetorical respectability- and considering other columns on

    this divisive issue - give A for class.

          I can accept  " high misdemeanor " now that the Senate trial is

    a reality the nation must live with.

         But I would VOTE -if I could - with your favorite Rhode Island

    politician, The Honorable Patrick Kennedy . ( if he could too )

           What could ruin President Clinton instantly would be Hillary

    herself publicly humiliating him : " You're a liar and a cheat and

    I want the House ! "

             Then it would become clear that the issue is now BEYOND the

    laws of the land. The President is ALSO  the chief public relations

    officer of American society. He would be immediately crippled in THIS

    function if Hillary turned on him .

         That is the ONE circumstance in which a Clinton resignation -

    whatever his legal position - would be advised by his most loyal

    supporters.

            I hope the country will get over this crap !

                 Have a nice day  - ron


- - - - - - - - - - - -
comment from Dave Brussat

         Ron - Thanks for your note. If I were the Democratic Party, I would be
    bullshit at Clinton, who has veered to the right, beyond center, and then
    plunged the party into humiliation. I hope you'll enjoy our editorial about
    Patrick in tomorrow's paper (unless it's pulled!).
          - Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron