Saturday, July 24, 2021

" I was lonesome ". So I am ... " Scene from Midnight Cowboy movie

I am reminded of a scene in " Midnight Cowboy " . The would be stud character Joe Buck listens to this cracked soul saver : [YEAH. LONESOME. I'M LONESOME. SO I'M A DRUNK. [WOMAN] SHUT UP! I'M LONESOME, SO I'M A DOPE FIEND. I'M LONESOME, SO I'M A THIEF! I'M LONESOME, SO I'M A FORNICATOR,] I WAS LONELY, SO I COMMITED SUICIDE AND TOOK MY DOG WITH ME ! There are SOCIAL ROOTS to mental depression in this " Pursuit of Loneliness " capitalist society . It mass produces so many LOST SOULS who also commit slow suicide through drugs and alcohol. " I WAS A FAILURE, SO I COMMITED SUICIDE ! " Lyrics of Beatles song : " Eleanor Rigby ". " All the lonely people Where do they all come from .... " Woman holding her dog leaps to death off luxury NYC building

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron