Tuesday, April 2, 2002

Was it a " hit and run " crime ?

A poor dog is shot by a creepy jerk with a BB gun. The story makes

    the local TV news. A REWARD will be offered for information leading to

    the arrest of the culprit.

          OK with me - in general I love dog too. But  does not the HUMAN

    victim of a vicious dog also deserve some public sympathy and attention ?

                Recently a vicious and out of control rottweiler devastated my

    life. And the story did not even make the weekly POLICE LOG in the Cranston

    Herald ( after I reported it myself ! ) . Nor did it make the POLICE LOG

    in the Providence Journal ( my letter was published in " Your Turn ", West

    Bay News, March 5 ) .

                      Around  noontime on Tuesday ,January 29 - at the intersection

    of Speck Ave. and Reservoir  Ave. in Cranston - I was chased into  Reservoir

    Ave. by the rottweiler. I tripped and broke my shoulder. It seems that

    the owner of the dog - after calling 911 - just disappeared. So I was

    not able to get in touch with her. The Cranston police have made to effort

    to find or identify the young woman. ( edit above : no effort )

                 She  was a witness to  a CRIME. She KNOWS that her dog

    was responsible for my injury.  Is she not guilty herself of a " hit and

    run " crime  ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron