Friday, April 5, 2002

No home insurance for Rottweiler owner ? ( too bad ! )

 " I am the proud owner of three Rotweillers "  begins a letter

    to The Boston Herald ( April 3 ).  But the poor woman, Rachael Szafir of

    Boston, is having a big problem - " nearly impossible " - obtaining homeowner's

    insurance.

          Sorry but I can't feel too sorry for her.  Recently my life was devastated

    by an out of control and vicious Rottweiler  on Reservoir Ave. in Cranston,

    Rhode Island.  Around noontime on  Tuesday, January 29 - near the intersection

    of Reservoir and Speck Ave - a vicious Rottweiler chased me into the busy

    street. I tripped and broke my right shoulder. I was taken by ambulance to

    Rhode Island Hospital. I needed surgery. I just received the bill -  more

    than $18,000 !

                   The woman called 911 and then disappeared. No apology from

    her for devastating my life.

                I am not a vindictive person but if she owns a house - and I

    find it - she should prepare herself to live in  a considerably more humble

    abode.

                And I will donate  one  million to  Rhode Island Hospital and

    a special gift to the good surgeons who operated on me.

                    The insurance companies are wise here !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron