Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Make 911 calls public information

I am a super liberal  in this matter of the public's " right to know ". On the front page of today's Providence Journal ( April 30 ) candidates for governor  were discussing specifically 911 calls. I'll admit I have a personal interest here: On Tuesday Jan.29 - around noontime - in Cranston- at the corner of Reservoir Ave and Speck Ave - I was chased into the street by an out of control and vicious Rotweiller. I fell on Reservoir and broke my shoulder. I was taken to Rhode Island Hospital by ambulance. The Cranston Police never bothered to show up, but it was the owner of the Rotweiller - we are reasonably sure- who made the 911 call.
              But then she disappeared - with no apology. As she witnessed her dog do me harm, she was involved in a CRIME - hit and run !   I believe I have every right to have this woman's identity and a transcript of her 911 call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron