Wednesday, June 30, 1999

" Hello,City Hall.."

Good morning, Mr.Bakst,distinguished columnist of
   distinguished newspaper.I'm glad to see that you
   finally have an e-mail address. I wanted to praise
   a number of your recent columns-which reflected
   a rather bold liberalism here in Rhode Island -
   gay rights, Patrick Kennedy's position on the
   bombing of Yugoslavia ,etc.
        I told a politically savvy friend at a
   bus stop that a  Bakst column on Mrs. DiPrete
   was really quite sympathetic, although on the
   whole the Projo seemed to be hounding her
   family ruthlessly.Lately they seem to be laying
   off them -or perhaps the subject just dried up.
      One comment about the mess at City Hall:
    Can't Mayor Cianci see the literal MESS in front
    of City Hall ? Kennedy Plaza is often a disgrace
    with garbage all over the place.
         That area should be immaculate at all
    times. Visitors to Rhode Island surely take
    notice!
       I've been tempted to take a big green garbage
     bag with me one morning and clean up the place
     myself. But I would certainly be arrested and
     examined for evidence of mental instability.
       And I would immediately be registered as an
     enemy of the venerable labor union in charge
     of cleaning up the place.

           Have a nice day   RR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron