Saturday, June 5, 1999

Anderson interesting on WRITING

I enjoyed M.J. Anderson's column this morning: " Writing

our way to wellness ". My slant on this subject - I like to write

short letters to EVERYBODY - could be titled : " Writing my way to

WELFARE ! "

Anderson says just about everybody wants to tell their story.

A real writer she points out will use painful experience as raw material

of the art.

It seems to me that the purely PERSONAL is quickly exhausted. Is

it not even more important simply to have something meaningful to

say ?

IDEAS cry out for expression just as much as mere feelings. And

they don't enervate the writer or the reader !

The neurotic writer 's mind will go blank right after catharsis .

Most of the reading I real enjoy centers on objective realities of

life and universal aesthetic experiences. FEELING are interesting when

they reflect universality .


Ego as Orwell said also plays a role in motivating the writer :

I think, therefore I exist !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron