Monday, September 14, 2026

Update on my blog and Friend Dave's BIG PROBLEM

Steve , I was able to put voluntarily homeless Friend Dave up at my cramped studio apartment for Friday , Saturday , and Sunday. The last two nights were at least tolerable . Dave had to leave early this morning to return or desperately, to rent the rental car again for another week . His is a very convoluted PROBLEM indeed in this Theater of the Absurd . Just a hint of my ordeal helping him gather his belongings this morning . I offered him the shower but he was in too much of a hurry . He did ask if I had any hairspray . No , I did not not. He did leave a number of dental floss cleaners on my floor. I helped him with his baggage and gave him a promised $20 for gas . To which he replied : " Well , it's better than nothing ". Dave must find a place to unload his trunk full of clothes and other belongings. Only THEN can he return the rental car which was involved in a fender-bender with an unmarked cop car. The rental office did not check his car insurance as he has none. He was also concerned about the call to jury duty notice in Rhode Island . That only happened because his driver's license has my 75 Mathewson St, Cranston , RI , B216 address. I thought he was just forwarding his mail from his previous Cranston address ( a shared condominium near the ACI with a Mafioso character named Scott who once threatened to give visiting Friend Ron a " real haircut " with hedge clippers ) to my place . Only a social genius Houdini can help Dave out of his latest BIG PROBLEM , Steve. He was worried about leaving any of his precious possessions behind . After he left I noticed that Dave left behind his special " comfort pillow " for sleeping in the car on my couch . Yes, " Sometimes [ or rather ALWAYS ] They Come Back ! " , Steve. Love to all and let us count our blessings no matter how precarious and humble ( unfortunately mine do not include hair spray ! ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron