Friday, January 27, 2023

" I will end my life before being admitted into a nursing facility " ( Steve Miller -You Tube post )

The frail elderly are daily neglected by our FOR PROFIT nursing homes . And not much better treated by mostly state run nursing homes put on stingy MEDICAID rations . Since when has HEALTH CARE become a basic human right in " OUR democracy " , in the United States ? Thank God for OBAMA CARE ? Steve Miller [ " I will end my life before being admitted into a nursing facility. I have 200 pages of notes documenting the lack of care and treatment. The state doesn’t want to know. " ] Steve Miller [I’ve been in different skilled nursing facilities and they don’t want to find problems in these places. They are all disgusting, understaffed and full of excuses. What do they do with the people when they should be closing down the facility. I’m 53 years old and completely coherent. You don’t want to know what goes on in these places. I am lucky to be getting my ability to walk again. I will end my life before being admitted into a nursing facility. I have 200 pages of notes documenting the lack of care and treatment. The state doesn’t want to know. They cannot inspect a skilled nursing facility unless all the management are present- so they delay someone until they get enough staff present and immediate concerns dealt with while the state sits in the parking lot- banned by legislation from actually entering and preforming a surprise inspection.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron