Tuesday, January 24, 2023

No excuse for Rhode Island MEDICAID to be inefficient and understaffed

There is no excuse for Rhode Island MEDICAID to be inefficient and understaffed. The MONEY is there to put a smile on the face of MEDICAID workers. My recent experience of applying for RI MEDICAID with the help of my brother Steve's computer skills : [ I [ brother Steve ] was on the phone with the Health Source RI for the past hour after being on hold for 35 minutes. When I did finally got connected and actually spoke to someone they, after putting me on hold again, came back and apologized that the system " is showing no data under your name " , even after I gave them all your reference numbers and the case number I was provided. So the guy at Health Source RI connected me to the RI DHS but I was told that "call volume is high at this time " and would not take my call– and to try calling again . But I did check your online account and everything still seems okay with your status for Medicaid.] NOTE : Brother Steve was trying to get information on my MEDICAID application status . Are not Rhode senior citizens already on Social Security and MEDICARE but in need of additional MEDICAID entitled to a little more RESPECT ? Making itself often INACCESSIBLE is one way for any state agency to DENY help to people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron