Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Response from S.T. Joshi: Ron-- Wonderful to hear from you after all these years!

 


[I was greatly saddened by the death of Kennett Neily a few days ago. Ken was one of the original “Providence Pals”—the gang of Lovecraft devotees who congregated around Brown University in the later 1970s and early 1980s, and which included Marc A. Michaud, Jason C. Eckhardt, Ronald Marshall, Herbert Marshall (no relations, apparently), and several others. Ken, although substantially older than most of us, was an incredibly genial and supportive individual, and his devotion to Lovecraft was second to none. He died suddenly, but peacefully, after suffering a stroke a short time ago. Peace be to his shade! ]
From S.T. Joshi's blog 2014
Response from S.T. Joshi:
Ron-- Wonderful to hear from you after all these years! I of course have vivid memories of you, Herb, Ron Marshall, and the rest of the "Providence Pals." Glad you've enjoyed my blogs-- I am probably not finished yet, as some of the things I've written appear to have engendered a certain amount of controversy. I'm enjoying giving my satirical skills a bit of practice.
One of these days I may write my "Lovecraftian Memoirs"--in which the Providence Pals will figure largely
Yrs, S. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron