Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mario de Orchis - obituary

 

Ron Ruggieri

March 9, 2021

A friend of both my mother and father was a brilliant guy-- who later became a lawyer-- MARIO DE ORCHIS. Mario has a poem in the student newspaper: FAREWELL , DEAR ALMA MATER. My father, Domenic , was class treasurer. My mother, Janet, was a finalist for Queen of Central High .
The Central High School student newspaper was published in June of 1941 just months before the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Mario was friends at Central with both my mother and father , Janet Engley and Domenic Ruggieri ( radio name " Don Rogers " WEAN ).
They were all " The Greatest Generation ".
I can give you the whole poem.
Best wishes from the Ruggieri family in Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron