Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Update on "Ragged Dave"- a Patriot fan in Seattle

link to "Consider Yourself . . ." from "Oliver"
 A Brown University connection with " Ragged Dave ".

Last year you published a letter I sent you on the plight of my homeless friend who spent a miserable night in the Harrington Hall shelter in Cranston ("No help for 'Ragged Dav ", Aug. 1, 2014. )  He now has a place to live ( precariously, of course ) in Seattle, Washington. He calls me a few times a month. 

Just before the Super Bowl he made it clear to me that he was no fan of the Seattle Seahawks. Dave hoped that the New England Patriots would win one more time. I told him to call me again right after the game. That night I watching the musical " Oliver " with a rather motherly neighbor.  I just checked the Superbowl score a few times, despairing of a Patriot victory by half-time. Right around 10 o'clock at night Dave calls. I was silent expecting bad news. Then he said "They won!." I will always associate this happy news with "Ragged Dave".

More happy news for Dave? He asked me to study his rich late aunt's will in Providence City Hall. I would love to tell him: "Consider yourself one of the family!". He is related to the Alpert family after which Brown University Medical School is named.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron