Sunday, May 17, 1998

Sportcaster might be fired !

 I cannot describe myself as any kind of sports fan.  But I'll

    pick baseball - the  " all American game " - as my favorite game to

    watch. " But it's so BORING ! " a friend complained. " That's why I

    like it ", I said. " It gives me time to think and solve my problems

    while savoring that classic ball park atmosphere - the sights ,sounds,

    noise and smells of Fenway Park in  Boston. Watching the game on TV, I

    still could get my life together.

          Half listening to Yankee ball game on the radio last night, I

    could not believe my ears when one of the sportscasters ( he said he

    was 37 years old ) protested not just how BORING this particular game

    was but how BORING baseball in general is for the younger fans!

         I'm a great believer in FREE SPEECH  but this man was clearly

    undermining his JOB ! He may get a rude awakening from his " field

    of dreams " !

          You can't ALWAYS say exactly what is on your mind, Ask me !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron