Sunday, May 24, 1998

Fishy News for the Ocean State

The author of "Eat  Right, Live Longer " has very bad news for

    the Ocean State: Even unpolluted fish is bad for us !

         Neal D. Barnard writes in a column today ( May 23 ) : " Women who

    often eat fish are more likely to give birth to sluggish infants with

    small head circumferences and learning disabilities than women who rarely

    or never eat fish ".

        When I was a kid , influenced by fish as brain food  misinformation,

    I  took bigger servings of that delicious fish. I have never measured

    the circumference of my head but I am a little sluggish . I once scored

    significantly over 130 on an IQ test.

       It seemed to me in those days of youth - looking at library picture

    books - that the Polynesian people , living mostly off the sea, were

    most healthy and beautiful people in the world.

        Did the Burger King finance Mr. Bernard 's research ? To counter

    hysteria over mad cow disease ?

         Here is a statistical insight : If I buy a lottery ticket I am more

    likely to win the lottery than somebody who rarely or never buys lottery

    ticket.

        If this letter is printed, I can expect to sleep with the fishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron