Thursday, April 30, 1998

Sex on the beach " rape trial


         In a front page picture this morning " not guilty " Ed McGovern

    looks so professorial with his glasses, graying beard and suit. So

    CIVILIZED ! No ,he and Phillip O'Donnel could not BY LAW be convicted

    of a sordid , gang bang rape. And I agree with the verdict in the strict

    interpretation of rape laws , the verdict of six men and six women.

       Still I can sympathize with the " consenting " woman's cry yesterday:

    " I hope they burn in hell ! "

      Can a drunken woman -even ordering " sex on the beach " cocktails -

    really OK being gang banged ?

      I know it sounds preachy but it never ceases to amaze me the role BOOZE

    plays in the moral decline of people.

       I have been turned off by strident, arrogant feminism for years now.

    Still I always respected its ABC values. To begin with: women are not

    mere SEX OBJECTS in ANY situation.

       Long before Women"s Lib, though, GENTLEMEN understood this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron