Thursday, March 20, 2003

Comic relief on credit cards

Definitely not the big story today. But a bit of comic relief

    before we - or THEY - reap the whirlwind. Headline : " House passes

    tougher bankruptcy legislation " ( Providence Journal, page A3 , March

    20 ) . Last sentence a classic of VICTIM politics even from my commie ,

    pinko, generally UN-AMERICAN point of view : " Democrats blame the

    credit-card industry for much of the rise in personal bankruptcies ".

             KNOWING my assets, I always rip up credit-card offers that

    arrive with annoying frequency in the mail.

             In fact I have never used or owned a credit card, preferring

    to pay CASH for everything that I can afford and REALLY need .

              This is blatantly un-American, I know. And I won't blame

    the FBI if they open a file on me. At least they will be spared a

    tedious credit check.

            Worse still, I believe as did Thoreau, that the individual

    is rich in proportion to everything he can do without.

            The true enemy of capitalism is SIMPLICITY itself !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron