Thursday, November 2, 2000

Ubiquitous cell phone rudeness

 While crossing the street this morning at a busy

    intersection in East Providence, I feared being hit by

    a woman driver yaking on the cell phone with the kids in

    the car. How self-important these rude people with cell

    phones seem to bumkin pedestrian bus riders like me !

            The cell phone makes you appear a general in your

    own  petty universe.

             Yesterday afternoon , I witnessed a brainless punk

     yelling at his girl friend  over a cell phone on a crowded

    bus. As I exited the bus , I exclaimed to the bus driver :

    " Cell phones should also be prohibited on the bus. "

             In the background the voice of middle class

    courtesy : " You're a LIAR ... you were suppose to meet

    me.... " .

            "  A lot of punks in Riverside ",  my neighbor

    said later.

                I remembered I had to return a call. I

    went to a pay phone near  a store. I deposited a

    quarter. No dial tone . THIS public pay phone was broken

    too. Somebody else would have to work  Joe's night

    shift. I was out of quarters for now.

              A guy who rides the bus , prefers to walk, and

    has no cell phone - and is always losing quarters in

    public pay phones - what a SMUCK !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron