Tuesday, October 24, 2000

Pay Phone Rip-off

 I asked a stranger for a quarter in downtown Providence

    early Sunday morning - not usually a class act. But I needed a

    quarter to make a call. The gentleman made a PROFIT from this

    bum: I gave HIM 3 dimes.

               Then - this happens a little too often - the damm

    thing swallowed my quarter. This must happen to thousands of

    pay phone users !

              The telephone company monopolies can't make enough

    money by legal robbery.  Tell me Mr. Bigshot Executive , does

    ANYBODY ever get their lost quarters back ? And how ?

                 And too many pay phones are broken down for

    months without  YOU paying the slightest attention.

               I hope some day YOU will really need a quarter

    in downtown Providence.

               I wanted to send that quarter to the Committee to

    Elect Ralph Nader .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron