Friday, October 13, 2000

Devastating economic blow to Warwick, R.I.

For several years, I - a non-believer in THE CAR- have

    complained about the appalling bad bus service for Warwick Ave.

    I am sure that hundreds of Warwick resident would take advantage

    of -or absolutely NEED - a more rational RIPTA bus schedule for

    that very busy , main street.


            Everybody in tiny Rhode Island should not be enslaved by

    the tyranny of the automobile - now a threat to the very

    civilization of which it is the quintessential product.


         WAKE UP RIPTA ! WAKE UP city mayors ! Like  Moloch ,

    this mechanical god  destroys its own worshippers by the

    millions. How much misery in modern life is motor vehicle

    related ?

               But now I have punished Warwick, Rhode Island by

    moving myself - and my considerable resources - to East

    Providence, R.I. . Much better bus service here. I am not

    -like a child - obliged to be home by 7 o'clock at night.

           I can drink in the Safari Lounge nearly to 11 -

    and the Bus 33 takes me right to the door of 2432

    Pawtucket Ave. - known for its more illustrious tenants !



            There will be financial PANIC in Warwick when the

    news of my departure gets out. But good riddance !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron