Thursday, February 22, 2024

RIDOT to add lanes on Washington Bridge in hopes of cutting travel times

A updated RIPTA bus service will be found more attractive to many Rhode Island drivers now affected by the Washington Bridge traffic jam chaos and fury. Waiting for RIPTA bus 30 after 9:AM this morning on Cranston Street across from popular " Umberto's " I spotted my old friend in Cranston Public Housing limping along to the stop. Mario may soon be in need of knee surgery. While waiting for the bus to arrive , Mario told me of a possible RIPTA bus 30 cancellation on weekends . This would create much hardship for worried Mario. On hot summer days he has no other way to get to the Warwick Mall. By taking walking distance ( for me ) RIPTA 17 I have a round about way to get downtown Kennedy Plaza and then board RIPTA 21 to the Warwick Mall or the Cranston Public Library. On the RIPTA 30 bus Mario was scolded briefly by the bus driver for " waving " . The bus stop is hidden by a tree and bus drivers have missed it on occasion. This same driver seemed oblivious to me at MY bus stop near the Pontiac Ave. intersection . I wondered if RIPTA bus drivers are just angry on the job ( job related ? ) or RIPTA demands that they take a course in " Advanced Rudeness " before getting a permit to drive the bus. [ Do they ever, for example, wait for an elderly person to be seated before accelerating the bus ? ] I might ask Peter Alviti this question the next time he is on Gene Valicenti's 630 WPRO morning talk radio show. I prefer to text the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron