Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Needed : MORE BROWSER FRIENDLY PUBLIC LIBRARIES

I spend a couple of hours this afternoon indulging my life long habit of BOOK BROWSING in a public library. At the Providence Public Library I noticed much of the space offering a splendid window view of downtown could be much more BOOK BROWSER FRIENDLY if library management positioned a half dozen desk and chair sets. They were there years ago. I recall collecting a dozen books that aroused my browsing intuition , placing them on a desk and happily browsing them for hours.Is there a trend in public libraries for slighting THE BOOK , foolishly thinking that ubiquitous library computers are making them all but obsolete ? For me printed BOOKS and periodicals and public computers supplement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron