Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Senior Citizen turned away at Cranston, Rhode Island polling place



    I have been a registered voter at the same address in Cranston, Rhode Island  for years now .  I have voted for president USA several times at the Cranston polling place right near Harriet's Dinner and Shore's Market on Atwood Ave. .

[RUGGIERI, RONALD L N was born 26 July 1947 and he registered to vote, giving his address as 75 Mathewson St, Unit B216, Cranston, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, 02920. His email address is RRUGGIERI@COX.NET. Voter ID number: 10000492302 ] 

    Shown  no respect for myself , a 73 year old senior citizen WALKING to the polling place, I was rudely turned away as my Rhode Island ID expired  back in 2017 ( with the same address ) . Asked for another picture ID I produced an also expired( thanks to Gina Raimondo ) RIPTA bus pass ( expired in 2018 ) .
       I then said I could produce ( in my red CVS bag ) my precious ( American citizen ! ) birth certificate .  No , it did not have a RECENT photo on it .
         I left saying : " I don't like your attitude !  ".
        I have a souvenir  of the unpleasant incident . I was given a green pen at the door but forgot to return it . . It reads : " RI Board of Elections. ri.gov. I just found the pen in my pants pocket .

      NOTE : Just a thought : Could President Donald Trump be the LESSER EVIL even for Rhode Island Voters ? So much for " OUR democracy ".

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron