Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The stale music of Kennedy Plaza


        I am a RIPTA regular in Kennedy Plaza.  I can only wish RIPTA's management better or more efficient funding. There is no excuse for less than superb bus service in Little Rhody. Indeed a car should be almost superfluous here. But I must  vent a petty complaint: the piped- in- music in Kennedy Plaza has not been changed - I am sure- in 20 years.  Day after day I hear the pleasant but oh- so- stale music I recognize as Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 , popularly  known from the 1967 Swedish movie, Elvira Madigan; and Rossin's William Tell Overture, popularly known as  The Lone Ranger theme form the old TV show.
          Standing in the garbage of Kennedy Plaza , counting all those horrid cigarette butts , seeing all those poor alienated souls, thinking about the poor masked man and a tragic female type rope walker,  I wonder if  a statue of St. Jude might be erected in the center of Kennedy Plaza: he is still the patron saint of hopeless cases !
           St. Jude or Edward Achorn hear my prayer: change the music in Kennedy Plaza. Let me hear Buddy Holly's " Things are getting better " or even " The day the music died ".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron