Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Last minute voice for " Gina " ?

No doubt an individual voter  weighs more on primary day than on general election day.  Despite my extreme political malaise, I did vote today( September 9 ) in the Democratic  primary in Cranston . Just before I took a short walk to the Santa Maria Diprata Society on Walnut Grove Ave., I encountered a friendly neighbor named Al in the parking lot of Randal Manor. I told Al that I was on my way to vote. " I like Gina ", he said  with naïve, common guy sincerity.   I said  , ' Al , you just helped me make up my mind ".
             I had been leaning toward Mr. Fresh Face  Clay Pell. But then he turned me off when he puffed himself up with his dubious CIA and military background credentials. These are not nowadays the favorite American institutions of a near pacifist - reflecting on 13 years of a disastrous " war on terrorism ". And with militarist voices urging our Nobel Peace Prize president to open the temple doors of Moloch Mars, what next ?
             Perhaps Gina Raimondo  has the soul of a certified public accountant. But  I suspect this WOMAN candidate for Rhode Island governor might have a deaf ear for war drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron