Friday, March 29, 2002

Swallow chewing gum and die ?

 bought the trident gum this morning in the CVS drug store

    in downtown Providence - along with the Providence Journal and other

    dailies. I thought I'd do my teeth a favor - fight that nasty tartar,

    have  a few teeth left in my mouth before retirement day.

                 THIS never happened before: I suddenly swallowed it ! Having

    been recently hospitalized - with a huge bill - I began to have paranoid

    thoughts. Soon I would experience a full fledged health emergency. The

    ambulance will arrive again. How many guys get admitted to the hospital

    for swallowing chewing gum ? What a loser !

                  But nothing happened YET. I had time to consult the Internet

    at a public library. Thank God for " word search " . I type in

    " swallowing gum " . And instantly an article on just that in " Better

    Homes and Gardens ". Relief !  "  Forget the scary vision of a wad of

    chewing gum bouncing around like a basketball in an empty gymnasium...

    gum passes right on through the intestines. It doesn't stick because it

    is not sticky. "

           Now I won't have to retrieve the rest of the Trident gum from the

    garbage can - for my day in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron