Friday, March 1, 2002

Support DeLorenzo on vicious dogs


      With disappointment, I just read " Pit-bull measure gets growls at

    hearing " ( West Bay, Feb.26 ,page C1 )

          President Joseph Delorenzo is right in wanting vicious dog owners

    to have not less than $25,000 in liability insurance. My own horrible

    experience: Before noontime on Tuesday, Jan. 29 - at or near the corner of

    Speck Ave. and Reservoir Ave. - I was surprised and terrified by a loose

    and out of control rottweiler. And chased into the middle of Reservoir Ave.

    I tripped and broke my shoulder. I was taken by Cranston Rescue to Rhode

    Island Hospital. I needed surgery.

            No apology from the dog's owner, a young woman who I am trying to

    locate. No call of inquiry. I HOPE she has liability insurance !

        If not, should I send the $18,000 medical bill to the Honorable Mayor

    of Cranston ?

               Oddly no police arrived on the scene. Too close to lunch time ?

    Can they at least track down the identity of the 911 caller ?

             Perhaps there is need of a muzzle law too. That dumb dog has

    devastated my life. It could have been ANY pedestrian in this once nice

    city !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron