Tuesday, June 20, 2023

A case of morbid ( ? ) obesity on a RIPTA bus ? Is there a cure ?

On the RIPTA 30 bus this morning this person - strikingly obese - entered and sat down just in front me. The topic of OBESITY is much in the news these days. I took a discreet ( I hope ) photo of him on my cell phone. I wonder if he be willing to discuss his " case " . After all obesity is more humanely described as a " disease ". And yet is the cruel sarcasm lacking in rationality ? Nobody gets to be 300 pounds OVERWEIGHT in a year. Could this person with both WILL and HOPE have saved his health before the catastrophe ? I agree that early obesity can become a disease . Does the hospital medical examiner have the last morbid chuckle ? " I told you so ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron