Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ron Kovic of " Born on the Fourth of July " still active at age 70

Ron Kovic has more to tell

Veteran Ron Kovic certainly has not lived his anti-war life in vain. I was touched by " Born on the Fourth of July " - both the book and the movie.
 In the recent presidential election I could not vote for Hawk Hillary or the right wing nationalist Donald Trump. Working class Americans have had quite enough of imperialist wars and the New Colonialism in the Middle East.

Keep writing and feeling and thinking, Ronnie.



 [ “Hurricane Street” is dedicated to Kovic’s girlfriend, TerriAnn Ferren. He is enjoying their life together in Redondo Beach, staying committed to activism and pouring himself into his next work.
“I love to write—I feel like I forget about the paralysis, I forget about the wheelchair,” Kovic said. “When I write, I just feel free and I feel like I’m in another world.”]
Image result for Ron Kovic, memoirs
Ron Kovic at 70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron