Friday, December 5, 2014

Was Radical Ron "flying high"? HOUSTON CHRONICLE poster asks . . .

I will post this REPLY to my comment on RACE in America:

" WOW ! this is some of the best writing while on drugs that I've ever seen!!! Very impressive. Let us all just steal things from others who work for them !! It's OK, no problem. Just take what you want when you want it. What an idiot you are !!!! Give up the crack man. It's wearing on you !! "


YouTube link: Jack Kerouac reads "On The Road"
NOTE : The comment that aroused this gentleman's wrath will next be published on my blog.  I do believe in an end to the war on drugs but I myself am rather conservative in their use. To be sure, they are no obstacle to great art. I  recall that the Beat writer, Jack Kerouac, wrote his classic "On the Road" while completely stoned on "speed", similar to "crack", I think. But it was alcohol that did poor old Jack in at age 47. I am now 67- a rather sober non-smoker too.

Link to Paul Rogers article


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron