Monday, February 24, 2014

Urban League's Dennis Langley- a perfect gentleman

   I'll leave it to courts and lawyers to make sense of the Urban League's complex financial problems ( " Audit reveals nonprofit's significant liabilities ",  Providence Journal headline, February 22 ). But looking at the photo of ex-director Dennis Langley on page A7 and his words " There is no way  in God's creation that I would steal a dime ", I am moved to write this: I recall this man from way back in 1977  when he was an instructor in OIC's Nursing Assistant training program.  As a student in need of a practical job skill, I was impressed by Dennis Langley as a fine human being, as an idealistic and gifted  teacher. A perfect gentleman !
       " You guys have destroyed my reputation " ,  he claims.  I hope it all turns out well for Dennis Langley and the Urban League. A good man is hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron