Friday, February 7, 2014

Another " no fan of facebook ".

     Craig O'Connor of Providence made a valid point about being able to make on- line comments in the Providence Journal only via Face Book membership ( Letters, Feb. 6,  " No Fan of Facebook ") .  I rarely care to  waste time with the on-line circus anymore.  But  in a recent letter( " America's Moral Catastrophe " , Jan. 27 )  I had to mention the ghastly condition of my mentally ill brother's body when my sister and I were bringing him a lithium refill.  A certain  Dana commented - not foolishly- that  poor Ray's condition suggested a neglectful family. Nothing could be further from the truth. But I  am still awaiting the autopsy report for some explanation for this horror. Also, a few more lines could have " humanized " poor ,dear Ray. He was a devout Catholic to the end - not unmindful of the meaning of Ash Wednesday. May he rest in peace !
           But  I could not reply to  Dana's  reasonable comment.  I do belong to the 20th century. I still remember handwritten letters -to-the- editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron