Thursday, August 28, 2014

Talking politics with Marie B. Badessa of Cranston

  I just read Marie B. Badessa's letter ( Aug.28 )  giving her weighty senior citizen endorsement of Cranston Mayor Fung for governor. We senior citizens are still formidable in the voting booth. I  was a captive audience  for Marie 's politics a few years ago while doing laundry in our laundry room. I myself voted for Fung as mayor for the simple-perhaps simple minded reason - that nobody at a spaghetti dinner here had anything bad to say about him.
          But be warned Marie is- even if she cannot vote for him- a big fan of Mayor Cianci.  She was considering leaving his biography ( was it " Pizza and Politics " ? ) at my door .  I  do believe in the power of redemption . And so I can only wish Cianci   a moral victory rather late in life.
               Marie recently lectured me on using the right garbage bin here.  No flies on her !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron