Thursday, September 28, 2000

Psychiatrists as clerks - unprofessional ?

Conversation overheard on the bus this morning :

               Recovering addict : " The shrink asked me about

    my  insurance plan ".

              addict : " Medicaid or medicare ".

              psychiatrist : " Then you're out of here tomorrow ! "

               addict : " Guess I'll buy another guitar. I a musician

                        you know. "

              I would like to hear him play for the  benefit of the

    shrink the Elvis Presley song: "  You ain't nothing but a hound dog ! "

                My own brother had a stress related nervous breakdown.

      He had an excellent health plan as long as he was healthy.

                His  kind shrink informed him after he lost his

    medical coverage : "  Next stop the IMH. You won't like it

    there at all. And you owe me $80 for the lithium test. "

                My brother is advised to avoid STRESS ! But

    the SYSTEM is clearly not helping him .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron