Thursday, January 16, 2003

Pedestrian Unfriendly Cranston

 I knew it would happen and soon - in pedestrian unfriendly

    Cranston, R.I. - also the city with the worst credit rating in the

    country. A few months ago I sent a letter to editor warning about the

    danger of crossing Reservoir Ave even at crosswalks. It was ignored.

            Yesterday I read on page B-3 of the  Providence Journal ( Jan. 14 ):

         " Traffic victim identified as Cranston woman ". RIP 83 year old

    Caroline Angelosanto.

            Where I routinely cross not far from where Caroline was killed

    -and where almost a year a ago a stray Rottweiler ambushed me - at the

    intersection of Reservoir and Legion - there is a treacherous crosswalk.

               Soon after the pedestrian sees a flashing WALK signal, a

    driver stopped at Legion sees a flashing  DON'T WALK signal. It should

    flash CAUTION PEDESTRIANS instead.  Someday - I am sure - this headline

    will appear on page B-3 : " Crank letter writer killed by a car on

    Reservoir ". As Nero said of himself : " But what an artist is no more ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron