Thursday, November 7, 2002

Post election blues ?

Bob, I just read your column. I am not ashamed to confess that

    I just could not get myself to vote for ANYBODY in this election.

    The negativity was horrendous. Every candidate's opponent was a moral

    monster -or a dangerous weirdo. I KNEW Myth York would lose with that

    shameless TV ad making a fiend out of the affable Don Carcieri.

              No wonder politics in America no longer attracts the best

    and the brightest. What type of people want the public to fall in love

    with them on the basis of short introduction and vapid and asinine TV

    and radio sound bites ?

                I personally feel more affinity for the 1950s beatniks - BEAT -

    than left wing politicos or phony 60s  flower children. But I abhor the

    FAR RIGHT. But the Left in general should rethink the gospel of political

    correctness.

               I feel sorry for those loser political hacks who invest their

    heart and soul -and future - on a the sham democracy of the political

    circus. I might have voted for the Cool Moose character - he had the

    right idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron