Wednesday, June 5, 2002

" Consider new church " ( letter USA TODAY )


            UNHOLY MOTHER Church ?

 In a letter to USA Today, reader Al Doyle advises demoralized

    Catholics- heartbroken over this pedophile scandal - to just LEAVE

    the  Church. Leave the now UNHOLY Mother Church ?

                  Knowing the Catholic mentality rather well - myself

    still respectfully on the fringe of this 2000 year old institution -

    I don't expect a mass exodus from the Church, with many Catholics

    becoming born-again Bible reading fundamentalists.

              For me the Pope still has more appeal than our TV evangelists.

    But when he passes away, I'll bet there will be CHAOS in the Church -

    a big crack in the Rock of Ages.

               I am no conservative in religion or politics. But I have

    deep feeling that Vatican II ruined the Catholic Church of my youth.

    The loss of the Latin mass was a loss of a vital mystique. And

    when I do attend mass now and then, I dread that hand-shaking

    nonsense. You can shake hands with any swindler on Wall St.

              And I never wanted  a priest to be a REGULAR guy. I

    wanted him to be - well Christ like !











































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron