Monday, June 24, 2002

" Certified Mail " panic attack

I hate getting "  YOU GOT MAIL " - that is, CERTIFIED MAIL -

    messages on a Friday. That gives me all week-end to imagine the worst,

    as the post office is closed until 10 A.M.  Monday morning.

              I  stared at the sinister message , standing dazed in front

    of my mail box.  A law suit ? A moment of empathy with  Providence

    Mayor, "  Buddy " Cianci : the  miserable waiting game. " Is there a

    jail cell in my future ? "

               Monday morning arrives. The CERTIFIED mail is from the insurance

    agency of a company I work for - part time. I learn that my claim for

    workers compensation has been denied. Sob ?  No, only one problem here:

    I NEVER  even applied for workers compensation. I never ever claimed that

    I had a work related injury.

                  How could a report like that go unverified , pass  through

    higher and higher levels of bureaucracy all the way to the insurance agency

    which having no FACTS to consider, must necessarily deny the claim ?

                The next Friday I get a letter from my lawyer, John Revens

    in Warwick: My claim for workers compensation is undermining a civil suit

    in which I am involved.

           I fax Revens denying I ever made a ILLEGAL claim for workers

    compensation. I call the office of  Rhode Island Workers Compensation.

    They ask for my social security number:  037-32-6384.

                 In so many words : " You did make a first claim for workers

    compensation. A dog  attacked you on the job ".

                  " No I never ever made a claim that I was injured on the

    job ".

                 Then more bureaucratic idiocy : " We will say you called, sir "

            How about  INVESTIGATING the matter. FALSE information sent to

    a state agency, I believe, is a felonious matter.

                  It seems that somebody in the company - somebody both

    stupid and crooked - did this  FAVOR for me.

                A police report and a hospital report - and witnesses at

    the job site - will show beyond a doubt the Rhode Island Workers Compensation

    has a FALSE report on me.

                  Erase the infamy ! And find the culprit ! I will involve

    the State Police and the FBI  - and John Edward - the psychic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron