Tuesday, December 11, 2001

Bakst supports homeless on radio

When I turned on my radio this morning, the first thing I heard

    was PROJO 's Charlie Bakst on R.I. public radio putting in a kind word

    for the local homeless, expressing his disappointment in Governor Almond's

    fiscal meanness, denying 5 million bucks allocated for affordable housing.

            Explaining himself on TV " Linc " seemed not so much mean spirited

    as a political clod. Poor people were praying for him with his cancer

    ordeal. You would think a rendezvous with  mortality would make the guy

    a little more sensitive.

                To be sure  CHARISMA is treacherous in politics. But our " Linc "

    has about as much of that as I have stock market wealth.

               Again I applaud Bob Kerr for being on the decent side of the

    homeless issue. (  what cold cold hearts indeed ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron