Sunday, May 2, 1999

Fairness to the NRA ( Rifle Association )

I am one of those LIBERAL types scorned by the right wing. I

    defended President Clinton against those Americans furious with

    him for a good reason - his moral failures.

          But I myself scorn  knee-jerk liberalism.  And I say that we

    are often unfair to the National Rifle Association. I would not have

    joined that crowd of 7000 protestors outside their annual meeting in

    Denver, Colorado. The IRA is in no way responsible for massacre of

    school kids in Littleton. Very disturbed  youths -with very EVIL hearts -

    did this.

          I visited a NRA web site the other day and I found no evidence

    of maniacal personalities. Like other human beings they themselves do

    not welcome hateful verbal attacks. In a democracy we must truly listen

    to the people with whom we disagree.

         NRA members point to very constructive programs of the organization:

    They often train our police officers .

           I just have no use for guns myself - a lily livered pacifist

    at heart. I will not look at IRA members the way " normal " high school

    kids are looking at those sinister " gothic types " in their midst.

             I will confess that I have a natural sympathy for gothics. In

    fact - if I were back in high school - I would cultivate the Barnabas

    Collins look. Remember Barnabas from "  Dark shadows ".

           I am presently enjoying "  Great Gothic Horror Stories ".

        I was a fan of the TV program : " Have Gun - Will Travel "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron