Sunday, March 7, 1999

Applause for Crowe letter

I applaud Sandy Crowe's letter in today's Sunday Journal (March 7 )

    but I question its heading: " I've had enough of moral outrage ". To

    be sure there is not enough MORAL OUTRAGE in this country over the

    greater evils ( dear to the hearts of liberals, I guess ) .

            It is important for ordinary ,decent conservative types to

    recognize the dangers of futile obsession to their own mental health.

        The editorial " Upgrade Providence Schools " suggests the STRONG

    point of many ardent Republicans - education. On this issue they are

    frequently more in touch with reality than Democrats.

          Could anybody accuse the Republicans of being for ignorance and

    a miserable public education system ? I won't !

          I am convinced myself that just throwing money at the education

    bureaucrats will not improve our school.

             If the Republicans can just lock those Creationist babblers

    in the closet , they will be perceived by the Amoral Public as quite

    astute on matters of public education .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron