Saturday, February 14, 1998

Skeptical on " skip day "

I find I have something to say in the morning after I have had a

    a couple of cups of coffee.  But  I ran out of the instant Maxwell house

    and had Lipton tea instead.  It produces a different state of mind

    altogether - still cantankerous but milder.

       I never write to your nearly two century old newspaper under the

    influence of alcohol - My god what would  I say! What shameless soap

    opera !  A long time ago I may have written something under the influence

    of Dr.Leary's little lover pills. Perhaps it has stood the test of time

    at least as well as  Dr. Leary.

         The fact that the public will never listen to this self-indulgence

    frees my style  considerably.

       My POINT today is that I agree with your editorial "  Infamous 'skip'

    day. But let me go further : in the  United   States education is more

    important than ever.  There are already too many legitimate skip days-

    a whole summertime of them !  This made sense in  the agricultural

    society of long ago.  Today we MUST harvest BRAINS  and there has been

    one long draught !

        A brain is a terrible thing to waste .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron