Monday, July 11, 2022

I am always entranced by the sight of jet planes taking off at TH Green airport. Way back in 1966 my older brother Rick and I were fueling these planes at T.H. Green . I was instructed in simple fueling techniques by Rick ( more mechanical aptitude than myself ) - himself a licensed airplane pilot at 16 - and I was happy to earn the minimum wage( $2:00 per hour back then ? ) Did a passenger jet once take off with an oil tank cap not properly secured ? Was young Ron Radical the JERK ! Oh well , everybody was safe. And Ron only worked the summer there. Rick soon got married to Evelyn and began managing a number of local radio stations - with ATTITUDE , I hear. BIG BROTHER Rick passed away in 2014 - his addictive smoking habit could have been a factor in a strange blood disease. Rick briefly served on the Town Council of Foster as an " anti-fascist " Foster Democrat. His Foster Republican antagonists are still prominent in Rhode Island state politics. Wife Evelyn -just my age - is presently living in an assisted living center in Georgia. Did Jet planes really save us TIME ? " DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS " goes the popular rock song. Well , it is ALWAYS LATER THAN YOU THINK ! A kind thought for those about to board a passenger jet at T.H. Green Airport .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron