Sunday, March 31, 2013

MEN in LADIES ROOM at public library ?


         I guess I'm old fashioned in even questioning this unisex use

    of Providence Public Library restrooms -distinctly labeled MEN...

    WOMEN. I observed two males being given keys to WOMEN restrooms because

    the MEN rooms were all occupied. I had just returned a key to a WOMEN

    restroom when I suddenly realized that I was not, after all, FEMALE

    and I did not want to cause a scandal ( being seen entering a WOMEN

    room might get a  decent guy tagged as a pervert -especially nowadays !)

              When I questioned a male employee about this unisex use

    of library restrooms, he snarled at me. Then I went to get my coat

    in the periodical room where three kids were at a READING table playing

    cards.

           On the way out a derelict friend of mine -known as Emo the Cat

    Man- said that my mind must be degenerating for even thinking in such

    narrow categories !

             My sister , a day care school supervisor, must be even more


    degenerate than me. She wondered why a LADIES ROOM in a local night club

    had a condom dispensing machine . I guess she was not as liberated as

    " Sally " .

                 How many female readers of this newspaper would use a

    public library LADIES room more frequently used by homeless male

    derelicts ?

              It use to be a nice place to read and study -many years ago

    -the Providence Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron