Tuesday, July 23, 2002

JJ Marra -no Billy Bigelow ( " Carousel " )

I  was glad to read that pretty ,young, blonde, blue eyed

    -just turned 18 -  Faith Marie Ouellette - is back  safe and sound

    from her mysterious " adventure " with the 56 year old  traveling

    carnival worker John " JJ " Marra. While Faith was reported " missing ",

    I had scary images out of a Ray Bradbury story in my head : " Dark Ferris ".

              Some friend of Faith thought " JJ " was  a little sinister

    looking with his toothless, middle aged smile . Another " Mack the Knife " ?

              In the Ray Bradbury nightmare carnival the villain becomes

    young again merely by riding backwards on  a strange ferris wheel.

                Thinks  " JJ "  : " Now I'll have my way with her ! "

            But the way the actual news story ended, I am thinking of

    a bizarre version of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical " Carousel ".

            But  - nice guy that you still might be , you are no Billy

    Bigelow, Mr. JJ Marra ! .

              From the play : " The fust time he kissed me the whiff of

    his clo'es knocked me flat on the floor of the room. But now that I

    love him , my heart's in my nose, and fish is my fav'rit perfume "

                  At 18 LOVE can be blind. But I'm not suggesting at all

    what REALLY happened between Faith and " JJ " .

               " There is no place like home faith ". Welcome back to

    Kansas !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron