Friday, December 31, 1999

My New year 2000: asleep by midnight !

The year 2000 has great psychological significance for me - a lot to think about. Since I share Mr. Whitcomb's aversion to the relentless NOISE around us - and since I am sick of 2000 hype- I plan to seek Peace & Quiet on New Years Eve . A very meditative hour or two and then -hopefully - I shall be contemptuously sound asleep by midnight. And blissfully refreshed in the morning assessing the first day of New Times.

The BIG NEWS of the morning : " Boris Yeltsin is back in the hospital ... " ? People will conclude that the coming of 2000 was the biggest dud since the Edsel. And a dud will be elected President of the United States in November 2000. Gore ? Bush ? What difference does it make ? And the Red Sox will blow it again late in October. And Buddy Cianci is still being investigated ....

And I'll still be writing letters : " It's damm capitalism , you see ... "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron