---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ron Ruggieri <radicalron72647@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2026 at 12:18
Subject: Re: WALE 990 AM
To: David Dvorchak <photochemical@protonmail.com>
From: Ron Ruggieri <radicalron72647@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2026 at 12:18
Subject: Re: WALE 990 AM
To: David Dvorchak <photochemical@protonmail.com>
Dave , I will do what searching possible for this Jack Potter . By the way Steve White 's family ( actual family name Wight ) lived on my street , California Ave. in the Washington Park area of Providence, Rhode Island in the 1950s-1960s . Steve used to chat with my father at the 315 California Ave. front porch .Pop himself ( Domenic Ruggieri ) was in the radio profession at WEAN in Providence . Pop's radio name was " Don Rogers " ( associated with " Dream Time " ). MY FACEBOOK PAGE might help ?
I suppose the very controversial Talk Radio personality Steve White must have found this Jack White a persona sympatica ? I was very entertained by Steve myself . I will see what I can find about the politically ambitious Jack Potter , Dave.
Best wishes and good luck ,
Ron Ruggieri .
On Tue, 11 Aug 2026 at 09:21, David Dvorchak <photochemical@protonmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I was recently searching for info on the old WALE 990 AM radio station in Rhode Island and came across your blog and a post about radio personality Steve White.
I'm researching information on Jack Potter, who ran for political office many times in the 90s -- for governor, congress, probably more -- and whose political bumper stickers are still stuck to utility poles that I walk or drive by around greater Providence.
I've found old newspaper ads saying that he would be running programs on WALE 990, or appearing on the Steve White show, and others, on that station. I'm hoping against hope that someone out there might have audio of Jack Potter on the radio or could point me in the right direction.
Any leads would be appreciated!
Thank you!Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”
Ron